Naturopathy and yogic techniques work to improve the patient vital force respecting the intelligence of the natural healing process. Sleep disorders can be treated very effectively with these methods.
Sleep disorders are amongst the most common clinical problems encountered in medicine including psychiatry. Sleep disorders are mainly of 3 categories.
2. Secondary – (Related to mental disorders)
3. Others – (Related to general Medical condition)
PRIMARY SLEEP DISORDERS : Primary sleep disorders are the result of an endogenous disturbance. Subdivision of Primary sleep disorders
1. Parasomnias – Characterised by abnormal behavior or psychological events in association with sleep, sleep stages or sleep – wake transitions. e.g., Somnambulisum (Sleep walking), Sleep terrors, sleep- Bruxism (teeth grining), sleep enuresis (bedwetting).
2. Dyssomnias – Characterised by abnormality in the amount, quality or timing of Sleep.
Dyssomnias include : Insomnia, Hypersomnia, Narcolepsy
Breathing related sleep disorder (sleep apnea)
Circadian sleep disorder :
This is due to an intrinsic defect in circadian pacemaker or its input from entraining Stimuli. This disorder includes
1. Jet lag Syndrome – excessive day time sleep
2. Shift work sleep disorder – those who work in shift basis
3. Delayed sleep phase syndrome – e.g. in exam students (more…)