According to Naturopathy, skin diseases are body’s effort to eliminate impurities from blood. Heavy consumption of sour, spiced and sweet food increases the acidity of blood. This acidic blood gives rise to various skin diseases. Usually patient also has trouble with digestion and suffers from constipation.
In treatment aspect, we need to eliminate toxic impurities from the blood through various cleansing processes.
1. Fasting: Fasting is the best remedy to cleanse the body internally which purify the blood stream. According to patient’s condition, short (3-7 days) or long (7-10 more) fasting is advised. But fasting should be done only in a nature cure hospital under the supervision of a doctor.
2. Diet: Sufficient water drinking is necessary. Citrous fruits, raw salads, sprouts may be taken in plenty by the patient. Eliminative diet such as Lemon-Honey Juice, Carrot Juice, Clear Rice Soup (unpolished rice) is advised to the patient for 3-7 days. Amla, wheat grass, neem juices are beneficial. Carrot juice has been found very effective in the treatment of skin diseases. Blood purifiers like Grapes, Bittergourd, Amla, Cabbage, Turmeric can be used in regular diet.
( See also : health benefits of turmeric )
The patient should avoid pulses (except moong), salt, sweets, sour, spicy, oily fried food items. Onion, ginger, garlic, muli (they increase itching), sugar, tea coffee.
3. Hydrotherapy: Neem water enema, Neem water Foot bath, Steam bath, Hip bath and local abdominal packs are beneficial to improve the immunity and heal the skin lesions.
4. Mud Therapy: Daily local mud packs or direct application on abdomen and affected part can be given.
5. Sun Bath: is very essential treatment for all skin diseases. It improves the skin resistance and repair the skin. Early morning and late evening sun exposure is advised.
6. Chromotherapy: Green colour charged water can be taken twice daily, as it acts like an antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal use. Blue colour charged water after 45 days of sun exposure can be applied to affected part (coconut oil is best of use).
7. Yogic techniques: Some of the cleansing techniques in yoga will help the patient to get rid of body toxins e.g. Vamana and jalneti. Asanas and pranayamas help the patient to boost up the immunity and maintain general health. Pranayamas – Nadishodhana, Bhramari, Sheetali and Sheetkari.
8. Local Application: Neem, Turmeric or tulsi paste or few drops of lemon juice in coconut oil on affected part will prove beneficial.